Our Pastor Search Committee
14 Days of Prayer & Fasting
As we enter 2021, we want to spend time praying and fasting for our future Senior Pastor and for the pastor search process.
We will come together on Jan. 24 at 6 p.m. in the Longview Worship Center for prayer, praise and teaching as we kick off two weeks of prayer and fasting on Jan. 25.
Connect Groups have access to a lesson on prayer and fasting Here.
Visit mobberly.org/fasting for information os how to pray and ways to fast over this 14-day period.
PSC Update - Dec. 6, 2020
The survey mentioned in this video is now closed. Thank you.
Dec. 4 , 2020 - Update
The Pastor Search Committee (PSC) wants to share with you a brief update on our search for God’s chosen pastor for Mobberly.
The PSC and church staff have completed extensive survey questions provided by Vanderbloemen about our church culture, organizational structure, doctrinal beliefs, history, ministries, community, etc. In early November the committee and church staff met with our Executive Search Consultant over two days to provide information to formulate a profile of Mobberly for potential candidates and develop our Senior Pastor Job Description.
You may view the open position posting here – Mobberly Baptist Church, Senior Pastor. We are thrilled to begin actively searching, networking and receiving applications.
Please continue to pray for this incredible work of God in our church as we prepare our hearts for our new senior pastor.
It is an honor to serve each of you and an honor to serve the Lord in this pivotal assignment for our congregation. We look forward along with YOU, in seeing what the Lord has for the future of Mobberly.
Pastor Search Committee Members
Lanny Davis (Chair)
Has been a member of Mobberly over 60 years. During that time, he has served on many committees and is currently a deacon, member of the choir, a part of the Planning & Building Committee and is on the Bylaws Task Force.
Cody Bailey (Vice Chair)
Family has been at Mobberly for 3 generations and he has been a member for over 30 years. He is a Connect Group Leader, volunteers in the Children’s Ministry and has served on the Finance Committee.
Faithfully serves in our Spanish Ministry, is a Share Coordinator and a deacon. He has been a part of the Mobberly family since 2017.
Leads Jr High and High School Connect Groups, Adult Connect Groups, and teaches parenting and marriage classes. He has been a member of Mobberly for 24 years.
Serves in the youth ministry, is a member of the choir and is a deacon. He has been a member of the Mobberly family for 11 years.
Has taught Connect Groups for over 30 years and serves in many other ministries at Mobberly. She has been a part of the Mobberly family for 40 years.
Faithfully serves in the Women’s Ministry and has been a Connect Group leader. She has served on the board of Mobberly’s local mission partner Heartisan’s Market Place. She has been a member since 2016.
Serves in the College Ministry, teaches a connect group and leads a men’s bible study. He has been a part the Mobberly family for 25 years.
Is a founding member of the Marshall campus and has faithfully served as a Connect Group leader and in other ministries there. She works at Hope Road Counseling and has been a Mobberly member for 6 years.
Korinna Duke (Alternate)
Serves in the Children’s Ministry, is a foster parent and is actively involved in other ministry areas. She has been a part of the Mobberly family for 6 years.
James McLemore (Alternate)
Serves as a Share Coordinator and is a substitute teacher for his Connect Group. He is a member of the choir, a Decision Prayer Partner and a deacon. He has been a member of Mobberly for 15 years.
Greg Martin (Staff Liaison)
Serves as our Congregational Care Pastor and oversees our Prayer, Benevolence and Men’s Ministries. He has been a pastor at Mobberly for 15 years.
January Prayer Emphasis
- Thank God for the current Mobberly pastoral leadership, staff, and lay leadership, and volunteers. Thank God for these Christ-centered men and women for their daily and weekly commitments to serving our church body.
- Praise God for the continued unity among the Pastor Search Committee. Thank God for allowing an embracing season of fervent prayer and time and attention in the Word. (Isaiah 55:3) Pray for a continuum of this desire among the committee.
- Ask God to open hearts to be ready to receive our new pastor and quickly grow to love, trust, and respect him and his leadership (1 Thessalonians 5:12). Pray for the qualities and strengths of the Pastor that God has chosen for us. Ask God to work collectively and individually in each of our hearts as we make preparation for the necessary changes to embrace a new day of ministry. Ask God to help our people want what God wants for our church and lay aside any personal preferences. (Proverbs, 3:5-6).
- Ask God to heal any area of brokenness in the hearts of our people. Pray for a miraculous sense of love and unity among all church members (John 13:34; 17:21). Pray that we would embrace our new pastor and his family as an invitation to cast all our cares on God (1 Peter 5:7).
- Ask God to give grace and protection to the Pastor Search Committee as they trust in God. Ask His Spirit to lead them in a bond of peace, grace, and clear direction while seeking God for the new pastor of Mobberly (Eph. 6:10-12, I Peter 4:12, James 4:6-8).
- Pray for the Pastor Search Committee for God’s wisdom to develop and ask all the questions and give information about our church, the congregation, and the church culture that we will share with a prospective pastor. Ask God to help us be Spirit-led and thorough in these essential next steps (1 Corinthians 2:10-16).
Frequently Asked Questions
We hope to answer many of your questions in frequent updates from the committee. Please read below for answers to some of the questions about the search process.
We are just as excited as you are about who God has chosen for Mobberly.
As a committee we are praying that we will have no timetable but God’s. As we walk through our process, we will continue to work at God’s pace and trust in His timing, seeking the Lord through it all. We will keep you updated regularly as we move forward in each step of the search process.
The Pastor Search Committee is not involved in coordinating Mobberly’s Sunday Worship Gathering teaching schedule.
When a candidate is in the final stage of consideration he will preach during a Sunday Worship Service and the church body will be informed.
This webpage will be the main place where all updates are posted. The church will communicate when an update has been posted.
Through much prayer and evaluation the committee felt that a firm would prove very beneficial in the services they provide for the many facets of the search and hire process.
For over a decade, Vanderbloemen has assisted in over a thousand searches for churches throughout the country. That includes senior pastor searches for churches like Mobberly and many in the Southern Baptist Convention.
To be clear, Vanderbloemen will be helping us identify and review potential candidates. They will not be selecting our new senior pastor candidate. That responsibility lies with the PSC. As a member of Mobberly, you will have the final vote to approve God’s man to lead us into the future.
Please read below some of the wonderful benefits that Vanderbloemen provides for the committee and our church.
Benefits of Vanderbloemen
- Vanderbloemen is an organization designed to help churches navigate what is normally uncharted waters by identifying a group of candidates who match the culture and DNA of the church.
- Vanderbloemen has the largest database of active candidates of any organization supporting staff search.
- Vanderbloemen uses advanced assessments for suitability and job fit.
- Vanderbloemen works with the church to precisely model the culture and DNA of the specific church through campus visits and PSC questionnaires.
- Vanderbloemen supports the Pastor Search Committee next steps throughout the process.
- Vanderbloemen has over 200 collective years of Christian leadership, including seminary and theological experience.
- Vanderbloemen conducts extensive background checks on candidates submitted to the church including:
- Financial/credit history
- Social media
- 360 pier reviews
- Vanderbloemen finally hands over 4-6 candidates to the PSC to begin the narrowing process through the guidance of Jesus Christ to God’s man.
The PSC, in conjunction with our consultant, Vanderbloemen, is now officially seeking candidates for the Senior Pastor Role at Mobberly.
If you know of someone who could be qualified and interested, direct them to this link to be prayerfully considered.