Mobberly Campus Schedule
With restrictions and guidelines in place to keep everyone as safe as possible during the COVID-19 pandemic, our campus schedule looks a little different. Visit mobberly.org/christmas for our holiday schedule.
On-Campus Worship Guidelines
At Mobberly, we strive to keep you and your family safe. We encourage you to be mindful, use the provided hand sanitizer, wear a mask and maintain a social distance of at least six feet from others. We will continue to sanitize and disinfect between our Worship Gatherings and Connect Groups. We will follow the minimum standard health protocols from the state of Texas for houses of worship.
Masks: On Thursday, July 2, Governor Abbott issued a mandate requiring Texans to wear face coverings indoors. Churches are exempt from this order, however, we are strongly encouraged to wear masks. While you are on our campuses we urge you to wear a mask if possible. We are providing masks for those who do not have them.
- We strongly encourage everyone to wear masks. If you do not have a mask, we have them available for you.
- We will continue to offer online worship at 8, 9:30 and 11 a.m. each Sunday.
- We ask that families stay at least six feet from others.
- In our worship venues, we are skipping every other row of seating.
- Please use the provided hand sanitizer as you enter.
- Upon exiting the venue, please proceed outside to visit and fellowship with one another. Please do not congregate in the foyer area.
- Each venue will be cleaned and sanitized between Worship Gatherings.
- Instead of passing offering plates, tithes and offerings will be collected as you exit. You can also give by using drop boxes around our campuses, online at mobberly.org/give, or by mailing your gift to: Mobberly Baptist Church, 625 E Loop 281, Longview, TX 75605.
- Coffee service will be closed.
- Our response time will be adjusted to help accommodate social distancing guidelines.
- If you are a member of a group at higher risk to COVID-19, we encourage you to worship with us online.
On- Campus Connect Groups
- In order to maintain social distancing and reduce congestion in our hallways and gathering areas, please do not arrive more than 15 minutes early.
- To accommodate cleaning rooms between Connect Groups, each class will be limited to one hour. Please do not enter a classroom before the room is sanitized.
- Seating in each classroom will be arranged for social distancing. Please do not move chairs or tables in your room.
- We strongly recommend that every person, if able, wear a mask or face covering, both in the classroom and while transitioning from your room to other areas on campus.
- Longview campus preschool classes will require an RSVP. Visit mobberly.org/rsvp to reserve a spot for your child. Reserve a spot by Thursday evening before the upcoming Sunday. (e.g., Reserve a spot by Thursday, Nov. 19, for Sunday, Nov. 22.)
- Anyone volunteering or attending preschool or children’s classes will go through a health screening.
Will there be Preschool, Children and Student Ministry Connect Groups? Yes. We will have preschool classes at 8, 9:30 and 11 a.m. and children and youth classes at 9:30 and 11 a.m. in Longview. In Marshall we will have preschool, children and youth classes at 11 a.m. The reservation process for preschool and children classes will continue for a short season.
Will there be coffee and food allowed in our classes? No, the church’s beverage stations will remain closed, and we are asking all Connect Groups not to bring food or drinks for your class. You are welcome to bring your own personal coffee/beverage in a container with a lid.
Can we move the chairs around the room or change the set up? We ask that you not change the set up. If couples from the same household want to pull their chairs together, they can do so. However, we ask that you put all seats back in their original position before leaving the class.
If I serve one hour and attend one hour, can my child attend more than one hour of classes? Yes, please sign your child (Birth through Kindergarten) up for all hours at mobberly.org/rsvp.
For Wednesday night Connect Groups, will there be children’s activities? KIDSLife resumes on both campuses on Wednesday, Sept. 2. Preschool will need to reserve a spot in their classes at mobberly.org/rsvp.
Which ages of children need to RSVP for class? Birth through Kindergarten need to RSVP for all hours they will be attending at mobberly.org/rsvp.
Will our adult Connect Group meet in the same room as before the COVID-19 outbreak? Yes.
What about Youth Connect Groups? Students will meet at 9:30 and 11 a.m. in Longview and 11 a.m. in Marshall. They will follow social distancing guidelines and wear a mask.
What if I’m not ready to return to on-campus Connect Groups, will there still be online Connect Group opportunities? Yes. Contact your Connect Group leader or [email protected] for more information.